Artisan Thursday - From City Girl to Herb Guru
Nana's Herb Garden - Fortville, Indiana
|Nana showing the Fortville Mama kiddos all about herbs.|
|Nana's gorgeous butterfly and hummingbird gardens.|
|Little man was in love with Nana's herb garden.|
|Everyone loves a furry friend. Nothing sweeter than an garden kitty.|
|Chickens and bunnies, oh my!|
|Nana's sweet touches throughout her gardens.|
- There are tons of uses for herbs. Potpourri, Medicinal, Cooking, Dying Clothes and Wreaths to name a few.
- Catnip keeps mosquitoes away.
- Tansy keeps flies away. Farmers often hang it near the barn door.
- Honey bees love dandelions.
- Dandelion wine is delicious!
- Mint herb family likes to travel.
- Basil is an annual. You have to replant fresh each year.
- Comfrey is used in healing salves.
- Nana's herbs, plants and pretty much anything she grows is non-GMO.
- The National Herb of the Year is Savory. Yep, peeps, there is an herb of the year, every year. Why not figure out how to use Savory more this year!
|All non-GMO peeps.|
Ashley and I will both be at the market tonight with a table. We'll have a special surprise for little ones to take home for their garden (while supplies last), plus this fun artisan soap giveaway contest. Make sure to stop by and say hello.
|Two cuties hanging out in the garden.|
May - September Artisan Thursdays brought to you by The Fortville/McCordsville Chamber of Commerce. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.