Our top 25 picks for summer fun are brought to you by City Barbeque, Fishers location. If you haven't stopped by, you should. The Fortville Mama kiddos love the kid plate pulled pork sandwich and the mamas adore the sweet tea and cornbread pudding! Oh okay, the amazing chocolate cake too. It's craft barbeque close to home and definitely mama approved.
We know you're dying to see the list! Drumroll... Here's our best picks for summer fun in and around Hancock County. Quite a few are free or low cost, because we know you guys love that as much as we do! How many will you check off the list this year? Savor the moments, peeps!
Hancock County Indiana and Surrounding Top Summer Fun
- Enjoy delish summer dining, from The Mug (oh the pork fries!) in Greenfield to Jimmie's Dairy Bar (famous tangerine ice cream!) in Pendleton to Indulge in Fortville (banana split heaven) and City Barbeque in Fishers (best sweet tea around) and Frosty Boy in New Palestine (amazing chocolate malt). We really do love our tasty summer eats!
- Take in a FREE outdoor concert on the Plaza in Greenfield. Friday evenings June 3rd - July 22nd. Brought to the community by Greenfield Banking Company.
- Summer reading program through the local library.
- Pick berries at Spencer's Berry Farm.
- Take in the June Jamboree (June 3-7) in Falls Park in Pendleton.
- Explore Daniel's Vineyard in McCordsville.
- Visit all the area splash pads for cool FREE fun! Fishers Indiana has several.
- Strawberry Days at Tuttle Orchards in McCordsville.
- Bowling in Greenfield at Strike Force Lanes.
- Keep cool with FREE or $1 summer movies at Legacy, Goodrich and Regal theaters.
- Take a dip at Riley Pool, Brown Pool or The Waterpark at the Monon. Look for discounts or half price later in the afternoons at most. Plus FREE swims sponsored by local businesses at some.
- Feel the sand beneath your toes at Saxony Beach in Fishers, $1 for non-Fishers residents.
- Enjoy a morning out at Sunrise or Jack's Donuts.
- Visit area Farmers Markets for local fresh. Did you know the Fortville Farmers Market is Thursday 4-7p.m. through September?
- Attend a Wednesday night Cruise-In on Main Street Fortville. Usually 80+ classic cars.
- Don't miss the Hancock County Fair June 24th - July 1st.
- Visit Conner Prairie for endless summer wonder.
- Explore Tyner Pond Farm in Greenfield.
- Support the arts and attend Mulan Jr. at Ten West Center for the Arts.
- Fortville's Ball Day parade is a favorite on the first Saturday of June. Make sure to bring a bag to collect all that thrown candy!
- Lord's Acre Festival at McCordsville United Methodist Church.
- Explore Pennsy Trail in Greenfield. A scenic paved path following former Pennsylvania Railroad.
- Rent a pontoon boat on Geist.
- Take the kiddos to explore the War Memorial in Greenfield.
- Creek stomping in Memorial Park, Fortville.
- The Fortville Mamas
Our 2016 Summer Must Do List is brought to you by City Barbeque, Fishers location. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2016 even cooler than 2015!
*** Advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.