Wandering Wednesday - Local Fresh Happiness at the Zionsville Farmers Market

Follow the Red Brick Road to Local Fresh

This past Saturday morning I headed to the Zionsville Farmers Market to explore all the local fresh with my fellow bloggers and to celebrate National Farmers Market Week (Aug 3-9). It had been forever since I was in Zionsville. It brought back a flood of memories for me. As a little girl I used to get my hair cut by a lady named Luann in one of the little shops (I wonder if she is still there), used to have special Saturday lunch dates with awesome older brother (who was almost like a Dad to me, being 20+ years my senior) at Gisela's (which sadly closed in 2006). They had such great German food. Sure wish they were still around.

I absolutely love the feel of Zionsville's red brick Main Street. I love the quaint shops and the village feel. Man I should get out that way more often for visits. Coach Man - I see a Zionsville date night coming soon. I digress, back to the local fresh at hand. I was so impressed with the Zionsville Farmers Market. So many booths - over 40! So much variety! Delicious local fresh Indiana grown items and artisan vendors too. Great iced coffee from Darrin's Coffee Company to sip as you stroll and delish breakfast burritos from Patrick's Kitchen to munch as well. I highly recommend a Saturday morning spent at the Zionsville Farmers Market. A great way to kick-off your weekend. 8-11 a.m., Saturdays Mother's Day through the end of September.

Here are my favorite finds from my #hiphealthyhomegrown Zionsville trip - breakfast burritos, sunny smiling sunflowers, gorgeous tomatoes, fresh fruit, B. Happy Peanut Butter, fresh pasta and My Dad's Sweet Corn (they bring it by the truckload and people line up forever to grab a bag of the good stuff!).





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
June - August 2015 Wandering Wednesdays brought to you by Indy Zoom Groom. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!




*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip TuesdaysWandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.
 

Comments

Popular Posts