Wandering Wednesday - Indiana State Fair
Farms Matter, Peeps.
Celebrate The Year of the Farmer at the Indiana State Fair and Don't Break the Bank: Check Out Our Top 7 Tips for a Low Cost Stress-Free Super Fun Family Day at the Indiana State Fair!
Oh how I love the Indiana State Fair. I hate the heat of summer, but I'll overlook it for a trip to the state fair. I love the animals, the farmers, the people, the sights and especially the food.
I got to explore everything the Indiana State Fair has to offer with my sweet baby girl this week and a whole gaggle of Indiana bloggers that I adore. It was a wonderful mama/daughter day. She enjoys so many of the same things I do, and I loved every minute of it. It did make me miss my mama a bit though. She adored simple fun.
I'm a huge fan of low cost family fun. Who isn't? I hate spending too much for a family outing. It makes me cringe a bit. Did you know there are tons of ways to enjoy the Indiana State Fair on a budget? Yep-a-roo. Here's my top 7 tips for a low cost stress-free super fun family day at the Indiana State Fair.
- Go on a discount day. There are $2 Tuesday, BMV day with 50% savings, Hoosier Lottery Day with Meijer Family Day both with big savings. Click here to see all discount days details.
- Park at Glendale Mall and ride the Indiana State Fair Shuttle for FREE. Saves you the $5 parking cost for the fair lots.
- Pack a few water bottles in the kiddos wagon. Drinks are overpriced in my opinion. Leaves you more spending dollars for red velvet deep fried Oreos, corndogs, turkey legs as big as your head and delish roasted corn.
- Spend the $2 and ride the fair tractor train around the whole entire fair. Baby girl and I sat and shared a corn dog while we rode and saw all the sights around the whole fair. When then knew what we wanted to spend our time walking to go explore more.
- Love, love the Dairy Barn! It's an Indiana State Fair tradition. Plus fresh delicious dairy items on the menu, from grilled cheese to milk shakes and everything in between. So yummy. The prices are not bad at all and baby bottles are filled for FREE. #WinnersDrinkMilk peeps
- Visit all the animal barns. See the biggest boar, the brand new chicks, the piglets, the baby calf. All FREE fun. My kids love the animal barns. Then enjoy the cool air conditioned Harvest Pavilion and Purdue Extension Ag/Hort Building. So many great FREE things to enjoy in both. Like cool canned good sculptures!
- This year is the The Year of the Farmer. In celebration Indiana's Family of Farmers have fun large boards all over the fair with featured farmers pics. Take a moment and snap a selfie with a farmer. Post your picture(s) and tag @FamilyofFarmers on twitter or instagram and use #FarmerSelfie. Each picture shared helps earn a donation to Feeding Indiana's Hungry and gets you entered into a daily drawing for a chance at a $50 Kroger card! Look at that you could possibly make money at the fair! Daily you can find the featured farmers and their families around the fair as well. Stop and chat. You'll be glad you did.
|This fair princess is a farmer too. Love that!|
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.