The Fishers Freedom Festival is this weekend. I love that Fishers Indiana has their celebration a weekend before other area July 4th festivities. It definitely makes the patriotic fun last just a bit longer. Plus the festival has lots of FREE fun for the kids.
- The MAIN PARADE - A fabulous patriotic parade. Great floats and bands. Always a celeb or two. Lots of candy for the kiddos. Keep in mind that the route has changed slightly this year. It will begin at the north entrance of Municipal Drive off Lantern Road, wrap around the City Complex and out to 116th Street to Holland Park.
- New this year - “Show Us Your Talent” Fishers Kids Competition. This begins at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday inside the Entertainment Tent.
- The Kid's Tent runs both Saturday and Sunday is filled with FREE fun for your littles, including face painting, crafts, sand art, children’s raffles and more.
- Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides - This one costs $10 a person but you can't beat the wonder of going up in a hot air balloon and overlooking beautiful Fishers, Indiana.
- Fun Photo booth Pictures. Viral Booth of Indianapolis. Who doesn't like taking fun pics with props and posting to social?! Plus it's owned by some cool cats from right here in Fortville. A FREE activity not to miss.
- Festival Food. Oh my! You can find everything from Mexican, snow cones, gyros, turkey legs, tenderloins, flavored sodas, hot dogs brats, Cajun and ribs. You'll be just like Templeton from Charlotte's Web after his visit to the fair.
- Fireworks! No patriotic festival is complete without the booms, gorgeous colors and sparkle lighting up the night sky. I'll let you in on a little secret. Our favorite spot to watch the fireworks show is from Target's parking lot. We meet up with the family every year in the same spot. Not too crowded. Great view. And best part you're not stuck in traffic trying to get out of Holland Park after.
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.