Fit Friday - Starting The Day Off Right

Obviously my day definitely didn't start off right. I'm ever so late getting today's FitFriday post up. I guess I needed today's theme the most. If you're like me, when your day starts off rocky, you just play catch up all day long and beat yourself up about it all day long. So glad guest blogger Kelly Shores of Restoration Counseling has wise words for all of us today on a great topic all busy mamas can appreciate - Starting The Day Off Right!

This would be my perfect start the day off!
___________________________________________________________

How do you start your day? If you are a working mom it may start with an early alarm and a mad dash to get yourself and your kids fed, dressed, and out of the house on time. If you are a stay at home mom it may start with a toddler poking you in the face followed by working to meet their every toddler demand while trying to gulp down a cup of coffee. Sound familiar? I know it does for me.

Being an over-tired mom (like most of us) I used to cherish every second I could get in bed in the morning. I would wake up with my daughter inches from my face asking for her milk and happily chatting about what fun thing we were going to do that day. As the morning progressed I found myself getting increasing irritable with the never ending chatter and constant needs. I soon realized that the problem wasn't her, it was me. Unlike my daughter, I don't wake up happy and ready to face the day. I need time to myself to drink a quiet cup of tea, to read or do devotions, and to just generally wake up. I find that when I wake up before my kids I am a much better mom for them during the day and more ready to face whatever the day holds. Turns out, getting up early has been one of the best things I do for myself every day.

What would your day look like if you got up even just a half hour earlier and took time for yourself? I know as moms every moment of sleep seems precious but I think that starting the day off on the right foot can be precious too. Wake up early and enjoy the quiet of your house. Spend time doing devotions and/or journaling. Spend time reading or catching up on the news. Or, simply spend a half hour drinking the hottest cup of coffee you will get all day. I think if you take this time all morning you will find yourself more centered as you go about your morning...whatever amount of craziness it might hold!

-Kelly

Meet Kelly Shores and learn more about Restoration Counseling by clicking here. Follow them on Facebook as well. They often blog about helpful topics for mamas and families! So glad to have them here in our community. What a great resource!


*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? 

Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.

Comments

Popular Posts