Fit Friday - You Are Important. Today Is The Day

I'd like to introduce you to a new Fortville Mama blog series - Fit Fridays! We are thrilled to be partnering with Blue Seas Fitness and Wellness Center and Restoration Counseling to bring you this new series devoted to wellness - mind, body and spirit! Our first installment is a guest post from Toby Angelopulos, owner of Blue Seas Fitness and Wellness Center.
I actually started my very own wellness journey with her this past week. It's been a long time coming and something I've put off for far too long. I'm excited to share my journey with you peeps. The top 5 things I've learned this week: "me time" feels great, my water bottle and the fan are my best buds, everyone at Blue Seas is super supportive, I need better workout shoes and I CAN DO THIS. Watch for more update posts from me as I progress. As for today, enjoy a guest post from the awesome Toby. She's pretty inspiring, and she hasn't killed me yet. Just a bit of sweat and swore muscles that I didn't know existed. Enjoy and be inspired, peeps. - Jen
The amazing Toby of Blue Seas!
Today?  Tomorrow? Next Week? Next Month?
When my schedule changes? When my kids are less busy?
These are all things we tell ourselves even when we know in our hearts that taking that challenge; the challenge to change your lifestyle needs to happen.  The truth is, YOU are important and if YOU can’t take time for yourself, then your ability to be the best person to everyone else is limited. 
So, let’s turn all of those excuses into a “let’s do this” attitude.  

Start making a commitment to yourself.  You have to believe that you’re important enough to take the time to be a healthier, happier you.  Sometimes this alone is the hardest step to take but it is one you must take in order to begin any lifestyle journey.
Take a few quiet moments and chart some very attainable goals.  Ok, true, you may want to lose 50 pounds but let’s break that down into short-term goals.  For example, start with when I lose my first 10 pounds I’m treating myself to something.  From there, you can go on to the next goal.  Your goals may be as simple as get to the gym at least 2 times per week or attend a fitness class every week for a month.  Setting goals is very important, but making them reachable is just as important.  If you set your sights on a goal that may take an entire year to accomplish, then you don’t have the opportunity to celebrate the small victories along the way, and in turn, it will often add stress and even lead to giving up!  So concentrate on the baby steps; and give 100% effort toward each of them.
Throw out your negativity. Never say “I can’t” but rather “I will try”.  Never use the words “I’m fat”; instead say “I’m overweight, but I’m doing what I can to fix it.”  Losing the negative thoughts can help you stay focused on the goals you have set.  Post positive quotes on your mirror and read them before starting each day.  No matter what you’re current physical status is, there are always ways to move forward, so don’t look back; don’t let negative thoughts creep inside and take away your positive movement.
Surround yourself with supportive people. You’re certainly going to have those times where your inner self just isn’t strong enough to talk you into staying positive, so it’s important that you have people you can turn to or a place to go where you know someone upbeat and energetic is waiting on you to push you through each day.  Make family and friends aware of your goals and what you’re trying to accomplish and ask them to be behind you every step of the way - or even better, ask them to join you on the journey.  It could be exactly what they are needing as well.  
Lastly, never compare yourself to anyone else.  You are an individual; unique and full of your own goals.  The person next to you in the gym has their own individual and unique goals.  So, work within your limits. You always want to push yourself or have someone by your side who will, but again, you are working toward attainable goals for YOU.  Not everything happens - weight loss, dietary changes, muscle definition- at the same rate for every individual so work within your means and trust me, things will start changing before you know it.
So, turn those questions above into “TODAY IS THE DAY” I’m going to redefine me, change the way I feel mentally and physically and still find time for the everyday hustle and bustle of life.  Take the time - take the challenge - make this decision all about you!

-Toby







This Fit Friday post is brought to you by Blue Seas Fitness and Wellness Center. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!


*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip TuesdaysWandering Wednesdays, Artisan Thursdays, Fit Fridays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.

Comments