Wandering Wednesday - A #GoIrish Visit - April ND Blue and Gold Game
Our Top 5 Favorites for a ND Getaway!It's no secret that our household bleeds blue and gold. The Coach Man has been a fan since he was little and this mama grew up with a Dad and brothers that never missed cheering on their beloved Irish.
A trip up north to wander the ND campus is always a hit for our littles. Weather in the fall with the gorgeous reds, yellows and oranges as backdrops or in the spring for the annual Blue-Gold Game, it's always tons of fun! However, we're a bit sad this year, the 86th Annual Blue-Gold Game will not have general admission. Due to construction around the ND Football Stadium this year's game will be played at LaBar Practice Complex in South Bend instead. Seating is limited (only about 3000) and by invite only. It will be televised at 12:30 p.m. EST on NBCSN.
That doesn't mean you can't head up and enjoy a spring ND campus visit anyway! Coach man says just plan in time to watch the game at one of the great eateries on campus in between exploring other areas of campus and South Bend. You can stay overnight and enjoy a hotel swim too or just make it a day trip.
Our Top 5 favorites for a ND getaway!
1. Touchdown Jesus - a large mural showing the resurrected Jesus that can be seem from the stadium was installed in 1964 and is entitled The Word of Life by Millard Sheets. Every kiddo should get to meet Him at least once in their life. Plus the lawn in front of Touchdown Jesus is perfect for a picnic or a pick-up game with the family!
2. Go in the spring and enjoy the Annual Blue-Gold game with the family. A super cost-effective way to enjoy the ND experience! You can even tailgate before! However, as noted above there is no general admission this year due to construction and venue change. Mark your calendar for 2016.
3. Make a stop at the South Bend Chocolate Company while in South Bend. Yummy chocolates of every kind, old fashioned sodas and old fashioned candy too! You can even have lunch in their cafe!
4. A self-guided walking tour of the ND campus. So much to see and enjoy! I love that the kiddos get see college life firsthand too. It's never too young to think about your future, what you want to be and where you want to go to school. Start the dreams young.
5. Take in a local park in or around South Bend, such as Potato Creek State Park.
February-May 2015 Wandering Wednesdays brought to you by Indy Zoom Groom. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.