Mama Tip Tuesday! Italian Sausage Cheesy Kale Stuffed Shells
Shew that was a mouth full. Literally!
Last night I made one of my favorite dishes - Italian Sausage Cheesy Kale Stuffed Shells! It started with a recipe online that I've made so much and changed so much, that it's become my own! It has become a family favorite and guests love it too!
Here is my recipe!
1 lb Italian sausage
1 28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
16 oz large shells
16 oz mozzarella cheese
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs
1 package of frozen chopped kale (chopped or creamed spinach is good too)
2 tbps garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried oregano
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cook shells according to instructions. Drain in strainer then cover with towel.
2. Cook Italian sausage in skillet then drain grease. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
3. Drizzle and spread a little sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 14 glass pan.
4. In a large bowl mix cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese (reserve some 1/2 cup for topping), eggs, kale and spices. Then mix in sausage.
5. Stuff mixture into shells. Don't be afraid to really fill them! This recipe makes a lot!
6. Use the remainder of the sauce to cover the top.
5. Cover with foil and pop in preheated oven.
6. Cook for 45 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.
Maybe with a glass of wine? Someone else can do the dishes. Right?
February-March 2015 Mama Tip Tuesdays brought to you by F.C. Tucker Agents Julie Preston and Stephanie Wilson. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.