Mama Tip Tuesday! Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage

Guinness and Corned Beef Together? 

What Could Be Better?!

I love everything about St. Paddy's day. I get my love for it honest. My dad is all Irish with his red hair and pale complexion. My grandma (his mom) would march in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Minnesota. I'm sure it was a little cold in March, but she sure loved her heritage and embraced all the festivities. I am reminded of her often this time of year, as she passed away 17 years ago. This is why I cherish St. Patrick's Day!


This amazing woman raised 6 kiddos and worked all her life as a prenatal nurse. She was as sweet as could be. I know if she was alive today she would still be celebrating this day. So in her honor I'm sharing my tried and true corned beef and cabbage recipe! It's super easy!


Guinness Corned Beef
3-5 lbs Corned Beef brisket
1 can or bottle Guinness
1 cup Brown sugar 

Remove brisket from package and rub with brown sugar. Then slowly pour beer over brisket. Cook on low in Crock Pot for 8-10 hours. I add carrots in too! Then when you are ready to serve, steam cabbage on stove for 10 minutes to go along with the beef. Then add on top of your brisket for 30 minutes to soak up flavor!

Enjoy!


February-March 2015 Mama Tip Tuesdays brought to you by F.C. Tucker Agents Julie Preston and Stephanie Wilson. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!



*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip TuesdaysWandering Wednesdays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.

Comments

Popular Posts