Mama Tip Tuesday! #fabFortville DIY Sign
You may have seen a picture of these fun Fortville Mamas holding this sign?
Do you want to know how I made it? It's super easy and most have the tools at home to make it!
Jenny and I hosted an event a couple of Mondays ago called Meet Fortville Progressively - Take Two! She came up with idea of using wood to make a sign using the hash tag for the evening of the event. This way it's easy for everyone to remember, and it makes a FAB photo prop! (As shown above!)
Lumber (you choose size)
Printer and paper
1. Start with a clean sheet at of wood.
2. Next using good ol' Word type in the word or phrase you are using in the font of your choice.
- go to page layout then switch from portrait to landscape
- edit to needed font and size
- lay out paper on wood to make sure it's the right size
3. Rub chalk on back side of paper.
4. Then flip over and trace your design.
5. Paint in your design.
- don't forgot your own personal touch!
6. Mod Podge the back of your design or photo then Mod Podge over.
7. Optional. This will depend on the type of wood you use. Mine ended up with a sheen from the Mod Podge, so I covered the rest with Mod Podge.
8. Enjoy your new sign or wall hanging!
February-March 2015 Mama Tip Tuesdays brought to you by F.C. Tucker Agents Julie Preston and Stephanie Wilson. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!
*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip Tuesdays, Wandering Wednesdays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.