Mama Tip Tuesday - Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Looking for a way to get past the winter blahs and into spring bliss?

Need some sand between your toes? If you are like me, you can’t get to the sand right now, but here’s a great way to get your feet sandal ready and put a little tropics on your skin!

This scrub is a great exfoliant and moisturizer. It can be used on your face, feet, elbows, wherever, even to shave your legs. I like to leave mine in the shower so it's always ready to go.



One of the best things about this recipe is it uses Young Living essential oils! My family and I swear by them. If you would like to know more about these awesome oils and their benefits click here

You put the lime in the coconut and mix it all up! Do you here the music playing in your head now? Go ahead dance around the kitchen. We don't mind.




Recipe
1 cup sugar
1/4 c. melted coconut oil
5 drops of Young Living Lime* essential oil

Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Place in a jelly jar. It will be just a little bit too big for a 1/2 pint jar. This makes a wonderful inexpensive gift too - teachers, babysitters, really anyone. 

I like to use organic sugar in my recipe, but use what you have. I was all out when I took the above picture. The type of coconut oil you use definitely makes a difference. I stay away from the cheaper ones that are refined. If they don’t smell like coconut when you open them up, then I always think not for me. When I use it on my face, I always end up tasting a little…so yummy! You can feel good about using it because there are no harmful chemicals inside.  

Some people like to add a teaspoon or two of shredded coconut to their recipe. It makes for extra exfoliating, if you would like to do that. I just feel funny about running the shreds down the drain, so I don’t.

Enjoy!!



Important Note 
*Lime and other citrus oils can make your skin sun sensitive so don’t use the scrub if you plan on being in the sun soon afterwards.

- Kittie




This Mama Tip Tuesday is from guest writer, Kittie Masters. Kittie is a resident of Fortville, a mama of two beautiful kiddos, a local teacher and a Young Living member. You can read her bio here


February-March 2015 Mama Tip Tuesdays brought to you by F.C. Tucker Agents Julie Preston and Stephanie Wilson. Thank-you for your support of Fortville Mama and local family fun in and around Hancock County, Indiana. All thoughts and opinions are our own. Thank-you to the businesses that help support Fortville Mama. Your support is allowing us to make 2015 even cooler than 2014!



*** New in 2015, advertising sponsorship available with Fortville Mama. Sponsor a single post or bring our viewers Mama Tip TuesdaysWandering Wednesdays or Hancock County Treasures biweekly blog series. Or why not be super cool and go all out and be our title sponsor? Email pamediasolutions(at)gmail(dot)com to learn more.

Comments