I Get Giddy Over BOGO Sales
But the SALE that puts the biggest spring in my step, comes around just twice a year. Each spring and each fall at the Hamilton County Fair Grounds. The Indy Kids Consignment Sale! Keep reading peeps, there's passes to be won at the end!
By far the most consistently amazing kids consignment sale I've ever experienced. I've been going for about five years now and each and every year I discover amazing finds for each of my kids. I go with a list of things to look for that my kids need and I usually find most of my list and a few extra items all within my set budget. The prices are amazing! All gently used (and sometimes brand spanking new) for great prices. Here are some of my favorite finds over the years and their approx. cost.
|One of my favorite Indy Kids Sale finds!|
- A light pine toddler bed for $25. That specific year, baby girl's brother had gone through a Spiderman period and broke her current bed just weeks before the sale while testing his webbing/flying skills in her bedroom. Brothers!
- A handmade pink fleece jacket (pictured above) for $6. So well made. Baby girl adored it! We were sad to see her grow out of it.
- T-shirts $1-$4. If you really look, you can find both long and short sleeve T's for cheap. Always good to have lots of these. If you're kiddos are like mine, they often go through multiple outfits a day as they play hard.
- Unique dresses. $3-$10. I love that I can find sweet little dresses she can wear to preschool or church that are unique. You can often find holiday dresses as well on the racks for way less than new at the department store.
- Shoes $2-$15. In the younger years, I'd had great success in the shoe area. Crocs, Spiderman and Hello Kitty Boots. Sparkly flats. Boys Nike shoes that were barely used. Amazing luck! Shoes are expensive. If you can find a pair that have hardly been used, I say BINGO, get 'em girl! (HINT - take a shoe in your kids current size with you. Helps to easily hold it up and compare sizing on the fly.)
- Homeschool Items. Various pricing. Things from text books to learning games and puzzles.
- Videos and CDS. Various pricing. Great cheap, gently used items to help expand your own home video and music library. My kiddos always loved to sing in the car. Finding a new kids CD that was decent was like GOLD to me.
Another element that I adore about the Indy Kids Sale is that they take the exclusive private presale passes very seriously. I've been to other sales, where the "exclusive" presale passes were way over sold and you have to end of waiting in a 2 hour line to check out when it was supposed to be an exclusive shopping event. I'm the type of mama that wants my true exclusive shopping experience, if I'm going to actually spend money to buy the special private presale passes.
With that said, I am extremely thrilled to be able to offer the Fortville Mama readers a chance to snag a pair of these coveted private presale pass! Believe me, they are golden! Be one of the first to get to experience this fall's Indy Kids Sale. Looking for a little red wagon this year? A stroller? A Little Tikes play item? The presale passes give you the best chance to snag it before someone else does.
All you have to do to be entered to win, is comment below with why you love the Indy Kids Sale or what item you'd love to find there this year. That simple. Make sure to check out how you can earn extra entries daily as well. Contest ends Friday (8/29/14) at noon. Follow Indy Kids Sale on FB, Twitter and Instagram too via @IndyKidsSale! It's the best way to keep up on all the hot items coming in for the sale from the consignors.
Please note if you win, the presale passes are good for a private shopping event the evening of Wednesday September 10th. Please note, no children are allowed at the private presale event unless worn in a carrier. Good luck peeps. Enter away.
a Rafflecopter giveaway