Fortville Mama's Top Five Christmas Must Dos
Christmas Season Must Dos In and Around Fortville
I love the magical element of the Christmas season. I love watching it all through my children's eyes. And most of all, I adore our family traditions.
If you visit us often here at Fortville Mama, you know we're big on low cost family fun, and that's no different for the holiday season. We prefer the simple things and savoring the sweet moments with our little ones.
Here's the list of our top five low cost family must dos for the Christmas season:
1. The Fortville Winter Festival! It takes place the first Saturday of December each year and is the perfect kick-off to a magical holiday season. Entry is FREE and most cost features are priced with families in mind. The festival includes a festive holiday parade down Main Street Fortville, a Snowflake Princess Pageant, live music, delicious food vendors, photography contest, zip line fun, cozy carriage rides and MORE. Check out Kara Fleck of Simple Kids recap from last year.
2. Reynolds Farm Equipment John Deere FREE Christmas Light Display. This is usually a Thanksgiving evening and many more times throughout December visit for our family. The kiddos love trying to figure out what display is new each year! They never get sick of slowly driving through the display off of SR37 and 126th Street in Fishers. Absolutely FREE and so worth a visit.
3. The Dancing House as my children call it. Located in the Harrison Park neighborhood off Allisonville Road. Another that they beg to visit multiple times in December. I love to hear their little voices sing along and see their eyes wide as the lights "dance" in front of them.
4. The Holy Walk Through Bethlehem at St. Mark's United Methodist Church in Carmel is such an amazing family experience in the true spirit of the season. You get to travel 2000 years back, pay your taxes and be counted in the Roman Census. The guided walk includes songs of the angels, live animals, shepherds and highly believable angry Roman soldiers. The journey to the newborn babe in manager is one of great awe. I highly recommend this amazing evening. This year's walk takes place on the evenings of 12/5 and 12/6. It is a FREE event, but canned good donations are appreciated for the local food pantry.
5. No December is complete without a trip down the Yule Slide at the Indianapolis Children's Museum! And you're in luck because the first Thursday of each month is the Target FREE family night from 4-8 p.m. Enjoy all the Children's Museum has to offer for FREE and that means even a fun trip down the Yule Slide!