Mama Tip Tuesday! Biscuits and Gravy Casserole

Antelope Dreams and Breakfast Casserole


Last week I was dreaming all night about biscuits and gravy... oh the things pregnant ladies dream about! You see, it's not entirely my midnight hunger and pregnant hormones that started it all. It was Piney Acres Farm. The night before I had read one of their posts on Facebook



While I won't be antelope hunting any time soon. I did need my energy for running after a 2 and 4 year old while 8 months pregnant. With my midwife reminding me all the time that I need to eat at least two eggs a day I know by now I have to stay creative and change it up on how I get those lovely eggs in daily!

While Saturdays are Piney Acres Farm breakfast days through fall, I had to think of something for the rest of the week to tide me over. Sometimes ya just have to work with what you have, so I came up with this delish dish on the fly!

Mama's Breakfast Casserole
1 16oz package frozen Potatoes O'Brian  (potatoes with onions and peppers)
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
8 stripes of bacon chopped
1 container crescent rolls
1 package gravy mix

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 glass pan. Pour in potatoes. Scramble eggs and milk, then pour over potatoes.  Cover with cheese and chopped/crumbled bacon. Then break crescent rolls into 1 inch pieces and layer on top. Follow gravy instructions then pour gravy on top. Bake for 50 minutes. 


Enjoy!


Comments