Simple Inexpensive Customizable Silhouettes!

Need a last minute gift idea? Or, something special for yourself or the kids room! 


This project is so simple and inexpensive you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner! We decided to craft these for Mother's Day, which can get expensive with my girls having 3 grandmas! We usually try to get the same things for all the moms but make them individualized. 

A few years ago my mother-in-law pointed out a picture in her house that was a silhouette of her when she was around two. She kept saying that it looked like my oldest around that same age. While my hair is wavy, my oldest gets her beautiful Shirley Temple ringlets from my mother-in-law. Then she said that we should have a silhouette done of her too. I kept thinking, hey, I can do that!

So this is how I did it:

Supplies:
Computer
Printer
Patterned Scrapbook Paper (design of your choice)
X-Acto knife
Pencil
Frames

First take a picture of your subject (maybe your child or even your furry family member aka dog) have them stand in front of a window or white wall. 


My youngest had to be tricked into it while she was eating breakfast. Silly girl!

Load picture on your computer. If you have a color printer, format the picture to black and white or monochrome. (Keep it inexpensive!)



Print picture then cut it out.

Little word to the wise, when using an X-Acto knife, cut away from you! They are sharp!


Then flip your image over and trace it on the back of the scrapbook paper.

Flip over and cut off any rough edges.




As the possibilities are endless, don't be afraid to mix patterns!






Comments

Popular Posts