Mama Tip Tuesday! Fabulously Delish Quinoa Bars

Sweets of Different Kind

One day last week I was on my way home to 3 very energetic girls and 2 baby boys after a grueling morning in the dentist chair. One crown prepped, one permanent crown placed and a filling. No fun!

Beautiful fluffy snow covered the ground, but it was definitely way too cold for the girls to go outside to play. I needed to find something fun to occupy them indoors. My favorite past time... Baking!
 
My idea of baking has changed a bit. I used to make lots of amazingly delish desserts with lots of refined sugar (hence all the dental work). Now I'm rethinking how my family and I should fuel our bodies. I never thought about these things till babies came around and unfortunate dental work.
 
So on our snowy day the girls and I made quinoa bars. They were pretty excited to help out. 



Quinoa Bars

2 cups cooked quinoa*
1/3 cup Almond Milk
4 lg Eggs
1/4 cup Almond Butter
10 dried pitted Dates
1/4 cup maple syrup or Raw honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375

*Cook quinoa as directed in almond milk or coconut milk. Cool then chill in fridge for a few hours. Usually 1 cup quinoa & 2 cups almond milk

Wisk together eggs, Almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, maple syrup or honey.

In a food processor, chop dates till they are finely ground, add in quinoa, then almond butter, then remaining ingredients. 

Also, choose organic items and local fresh when you are able. It really does make a difference.
 
Cook in parchment lined 8X8 pan for 35-40 minutes. 


No grains, no sugars, fabulously DELISH!

Hours later the pan was almost gone!

For more information on quinoa, click here.

 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts