Mama Tip Tuesday! The gift of artwork!

Getting your crafty on!


I'm always scratching my head when it comes to gifts. I dispise resorting to gift cards. Although, sometimes I myself like receiving them. What do you get that one person who seems to have everything they need? 

First of all, this month our family has been scraping by...less income coming in and more expenses going out. We needed a gift idea that was inexpensive and close to the heart. 

Things I considered when I came up with this idea:
What themes are already in thier home?
What are thier favorite colors?
What do I already have that I can create a gift?
How can I make this gift meaningful?

Here is what I came up with:
Theme: Zebra
Colors: mostly loves purple
Materials: I had a great matted frame that would work well for this idea!
Meaning: Involve loved ones such as children in making the gift!

Materials:
Masking tape
Heavy weight paper
Pencils
Crayons or colored pencils
Matted frame (found at most craft stores)

Instructions:
First draw or map out area according measurements of frame/matte. Then draw out your design on paper. You may want to do a few shetches on scrap paper to plan your idea. In my case, I drew out my zerbra stripes. I filled in with tape where I didn't want the kiddos to color. Then the fun began! My girls went a little crazy! They loved coloring together! The youngest had a had time staying on the page!


After they were done I went over with a crayon to make sure no white was showing. Then I pulled off the tape and got the frame ready. Meanwhile, my youngest decided to put her signature in marker in the middle of the artwork. Lesson learned. Don't leave them unattended with markers and a finished product. 


To finish it up. I wrote my girls names, the date, and 1/1 so everyone knows it's one of a kind! This would also be great to tape off a shiloette or a name! The possibilities are endless! Enjoy!





Comments