Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mama Tip Tuesday! DIY Lotion Bars

Want to give a holiday gift people will talk about for months?

These are your ticket!

I love to create! Especially body products! I feel so much better knowing what goes on my family and I's skin. Most times I can't pronounce many ingredients on store bought products. Forget it!

Many of the ingredients can be bought at health food stores like Earth Fare, Trader Joes, Pouge's Run, etc. If you cannot find something locally, shop online. Buy organic when you can.

I get easily distracted with little ones often afoot, so I love to use my crock pot. No need to babysit this stuff. Easy peasy! Here it goes!



Sweet DIY Lotion Bars

1 1/2 oz beeswax
1 oz unrefined coconut oil
1 oz sweet Almond oil
1 oz Shea butter
1 oz Coco Butter

Melt beeswax and unrefined coconut oil on HIGH in the crock pot in a glass pitcher. It may take 10-20 minutes. Then add in the remaining ingredients.
 

I did not add essential oils since it smelled awesome already! You are welcome to add some if you like!
 
 
Stir until all ingredients are melted. Pour into a silicone tray or a cupcake liner in a muffin tin.

Your skin will be so soft! I love to use these on my feet before bed! Make some for friends and keep some for yourself!

 
 


1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me about how much this recipe makes please. :-).

    ReplyDelete