Fortville Mama's Favorite Things
Fortville Mama's Top Picks for 2013
Looking for a unique gift for someone special on your list? Fortville has some amazing small businesses with great one-of-a-kind items perfect for your someone special! We may not be Oprah, but here are our top ten "Fortville Mama Favorites" in no particular order, and boy was it hard to just pick ten!
1. The Fort Grille! Who wouldn't love a gift card from this Fortville Indiana hot spot! I have a feeling Guy Fieri will be visiting one day soon to check this local favorite out for himself! The mac and cheese, peanut butter burger, spicy bbq fried chicken salad, fried green tomatoes and s'mores cake are all FortvilleMama tested and approved! Yum!
2. A custom pendant from The Girl Neck Store. Local resident Suzanne whips up amazing custom pendants with all sorts of designs, including your favorite photo or scripture verse. Love them! Have two and have given them as gifts as well!
3. Gift certificate for The Paint Cellar! How could you not love this place! They let you bring your own wine and they are located in the coolest place - Ten West Center for the Arts! Plus Fortville Mama's very own Ashley is one of the instructors! FYI - They also have a Carmel location or will travel and do a party at your location.
4. Tana's Kreation's can make anything! She is quite crafty. All kinds of unique handmade items. Place your holiday order soon.
6. Gift Certificate from Indulge! Give the gift of a PINK ELEPHANT this season!
7. Something from the "Not Just Furniture" category at Beauty from Ashes! Adorable! Love their cool chalk boards!
8. Gift card for Java Junction/Indy Block Party. Give someone you love the gift of quiet enjoyment of a signature Java Junction coffee while their kiddos get all their energy out bouncing! I know quite a few mamas that would kiss your face off for this gift!
9. A unique Christmas ornament from Piney Acres Farm. While you're out picking out your family Christmas tree the season, stop in the farm store and check out the BIG selection of hand pick ornaments on display! My mom used to give me a new ornament each year. Something that spoke to her and made her think of me or the kids. I love that she did that. They adorn my tree each and every year and make me think of her. Piney Acres Farm is the perfect place to pick one that is out of the ordinary and memorable.
10. Tickets to an upcoming show at Ten West Center for the Arts! What a treasure Ten West is for our community. Great productions throughout the year including plays, musicals, comedy nights and gallery art shows!
- The Fortville Mamas
(Jen and Ashley)