Mama Tip Tuesday! Mess Free Chicken Watering System!

Wake up call 5:30am!



The idea came from the cashier at TSC as I bought the $40 galvanized watering can that I now despise. I was told to put some nipples on the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket and they can drink from them. The nipples can be ordered online and making it was easy to do. I did a little research and found them on Amazon, HERE. I thought, for the price, it has to be better then the metal watering can that leaked out after just a few hours! The new bucket lasts around 3 days!

The despised watering can! 

Here are the materials you'll need:

You want 1 nipple per 3 birds.

Drill with a 11/32 bit

5 Gallon bucket with lid (to keep dust, insects and falling debris out of the water)

Drill holes in bottom of the bucket evenly spaced. The nipples screw into the holes and will not leak. It's just that simple!
We left room if we needed 2 more.


Hello there!





My helper




Comments

Popular Posts